Sunday, June 22, 2014

Monochromatic Color Schemes

This type of painting is really fun to try! You take one color and use different shades of it. I usually take one color and use white or black to make lighter or darker shades of it. With red and pink it's a little harder. I had to use brown to make the red darker. I've never tried pink, but I think if you use red instead of black then it will help.
Note: In the picture of the paintings of the American Girl dolls, it's three different canvases, I just lined them all up to take the picture.



Bible verse: 
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 
Psalm 51:12

2 comments:

  1. Love these pictures and how you explained how you did them in monochromatic style.
    The scripture you picked out will be lifting me up all day.Thanks Gracie

    ReplyDelete